Are you looking for a meaningful internship in impact investment in East-Africa?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SMEs in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. Via our local offices in Uganda and Rwanda, we provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 annual revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small but growing team of 11 people with offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, our target is to facilitate $100 million of investments for emerging market SMEs. To achieve this, we build and engage our international investor network from our Dutch office. In this context, we are looking for a:
Operations Intern – Amsterdam
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for a bright, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial professional with fresh ideas who would like to be part of a dynamic growing social enterprise active in the East Africa. If you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced organization, you can truly make a substantial impact in your internship.
POSITION GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Work in conjunction COO in the administrative support and monitoring of projects
- Interact with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to ensure the needs and objectives of projects are met
- Set up and attend meetings, take meeting minutes and help in writing and updating status reports
- Search data and information requested by COO and CEO
- Contributing to the writing proposals to large institutions
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier quotations
- Navigate company software systems
- Manage the inventory, facilities, and the equipment for the office
- Maintain, create and upgrade systems, processes and tools for operational support
- Propose, develop, and identify a personal project that improves our current operation
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications essential. Perfect Power point skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company
- Ability to work independently, detail oriented, and execution focused
- Proven record of prioritising effectively and handle shifting priorities
- Communication – outstanding written and verbal ability to communicate Fluency in Dutch and English
- Proactively seek out new learning opportunities
- Flexibility to perform a variety of different types & levels of work
- Present strong, fact-based points of view
- Excel Wizard: Outstanding Excel and data analysis skills
- 3 months, or more, to dedicate to this full-time operational role
- Pay attention: this is not a thesis / graduation internship
BiD Network has offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. As Operations Intern you will be based in the Netherlands.
What do we offer:
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Centrally located office in Amsterdam
- Daily free team-lunch
- Personal growth, and much responsibility
- Get in-depth understanding of impact investing in East Africa
- Euro 250 per month
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2019.