Do you have excellent organizational skills and are you looking for a meaningful career in impact investment in East Africa?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SMEs in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. Via our local offices in Uganda and Rwanda, we provide investment-readiness and deal making services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 annual revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small but growing team of 11 people with offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 235 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, our target is to facilitate $100 millions of investments for emerging market SMEs. This year, we are planning to finalize our transition from an NGO to a B-Corporation and expand our office network into the African region.
Community building and relations (40%)
- Build an engaged community of entrepreneurs, partners and investors and continuously find innovative ways, and execute on building an engaged community of entrepreneurs, investors and partners in Uganda.
- Coordinate events, e.g. develop events calendar Uganda
- Organize events, e.g. investment workshops, entrepreneur workshops
- Liaise with Ugandan Deal Team in marketing/ representation
- Represent BiD Network at events along with Deal Team
Marketing communications (40%)
- Assisting in the development and distribution of marketing and promotional material
- Writing targeted content, e.g. marketing materials, social media, website, newsletter, blogs / articles
- Build and maintain relationships with reputable service providers, e.g. text writers, designers, photographers, printing companies and media companies.
- Support in executing marketing research, e.g. data entry and analysis
- Conduct market research
- Responding to marketing queries via phone, email or social media
Operational Support (20%)
- Support CFA’s in IRS scans through taking photographs, doing a write up about the entrepreneur’s business with the guidance of IRS scan document
- Occasionally support in proofreading, design and formatting materials prepared by CFA’s
- Compile and write a monthly internal newsletter for Uganda e.g reporting on success by measuring key metric, and or any updates by the team or events
- Project management
- Event coordination and organization
- Proven track record in content writing
- Excellent representation and communication skills
- Commercial attitude
- Good team working skills as you will be part of an international organization
- Attention to detail
- Tech-savvy; affinity/experience with digital marketing campaigning especially google analytics, adwords and SEO optimisation
- Capacity to work independently
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Excel proficiency
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, PR, Business or related field
- At least 1.5 years’ experience working in marketing or communications or a similar position
- Experience in digital marketing campaigning
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in conducting market research
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be available as a resource for senior marketing professionals who need assistance with completing large projects
- Preferred affinity with financial services and social impact investment
BiD Network has offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. As a Marketing assistant, you will be based in Uganda and will work closely with the Marketing and Innovation Manager who will support you in your work plan, and report directly to the Team Lead in Uganda.
What do we offer:
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali
- Personal growth, and much responsibility/ accountability
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to email@example.com by 6th January 2018.