Are you a driven investment professional with superb financial modelling skills and looking for a meaningful career in impact investment in RWANDA?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SME’s in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. We provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional. BiD Network is also the exclusive investment partner for the (USAID) Nguriza Nshore program in Rwanda.
We currently have a small but growing team of 14 people with offices in Kigali, Kampala, and Amsterdam. We operate regionally and in 2018 started our operations in Rwanda. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, we want to facilitate at least $100 million of investments for emerging market SME’s. Due to high demand for our services in Rwanda we are looking for a:
Investment Analyst/ Financial Model Expert, Rwanda
BiD Network is seeking an Investment Analyst / Financial Model Expert for the Deal Making Team in Rwanda. You will be working in funding transactions mainly in Rwanda, however, you may be assigned to other projects in East Africa on case by case basis.
An outstanding financial modeller with outstanding commercial and communicating skills who can manage stakeholders at all levels. You will be part of Deal Making team to execute on its growth ambitions.
This role entails being responsible for assisting in the research, sourcing, selection, analysis and execution of investment opportunities. The position is within a small core Deal Making team and provides the opportunity to work directly on transactions from deal sourcing to all the way through execution and closure.
As an Investment Analyst / Financial Model Expert you will have the opportunity to work with business owners, entrepreneurs and guide them in setting up the best financial structure to cater for their growth ambitions. You also participate in surveying the BiD focus sectors, developing the BiD Network pipeline, and evaluating specific opportunities. In addition, the role requires close interaction with the individual and institutional investors such VCs, and Impact Funds. Therefore, proven local network of SME’s and investors is highly preferential.
You will be a part of a BiD Deal Making team consisting of 9 top-level professionals, with 3 of them currently located in Kigali office, but this number is growing. At BiD Network we want to give not only a job but a career. Progression from this position could be upwards mobility into more senior investment/ deal making roles also regionally.
The Investment Analyst / Financial Model Expert will work closely with senior professionals and receive significant deal evaluation and execution responsibility.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building financial models and valuation analysis
- Sourcing and selecting deals the assigned markets mainly in Rwanda
- Representing BiD Network and its affiliates in Rwanda
- Building and maintaining a close relationship with entrepreneurs in your region
- Supporting case officers throughout the due diligence of new funding opportunities
and the deal execution process, including:
- Negotiating terms of BiD Network with investees
- First point of contact for financial analysis
- Conducting company and industry due diligence
- Assist in structuring the deal terms and communicating with investees
- Working with legal, financial, and commercial advisors on process management, diligence, structuring, and negotiations
You have 3-5 years of working experience at a top-tier investment bank, corporate finance advisor or investment organization. You have an exceptional academic achievement with an undergraduate degree from a top academic institution.
- Impact driven with outstanding commercial acumen and communication skills
- Extensive experience in building financial models and doing valuations
- Strong financial and business analysis skills
- Agricultural supply chain investments or business/ cooperatives knowledge is preferred
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate mergers and acquisitions, consulting, transaction advisory services would be viewed preferentially.
- Positive attitude and a real team player. An ability to fit into a small team and high demanding work environment is key and you have excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with limited supervision and you have a high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic.
- Interpersonal, management, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of local business environment, investment regulations and laws.
BiD Network is a small organization, with offices in Amsterdam, Kigali and Kampala. As Investment Analyst / Financial Model Expert you will be based in the Kigali, Rwanda office and report directly to the Rwanda Country Director, but work closely together with the international management team of BiD Network.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in Kigali
- Small team, allowing for personal growth, and much responsibility/ accountability
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network of investors worldwide.
- Salary based on qualification and experience
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to email@example.com before 29 April 2019.
We are looking for the right candidate to take on this role.