Marketing Officer/ Community Builder Rwanda
Do you have excellent organizational skills and are you looking for a meaningful career in impact investment in East Africa?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SMEs in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. Via our local offices in Uganda and Rwanda, we provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 annual revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small but growing team of 11 people with offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 235 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, our target is to facilitate $100 million of investments for emerging market SMEs. This year, we are planning to finalize our transition from an NGO to a B-corp and expand our office network into the African region. In this context, we are looking for an experienced:
Marketing Officer/ community builder – Rwanda
Marketing communications (80%)
- Coordinate events, e.g. develop events calendar Rwanda
- Organize events, e.g. investment workshops
- Build an engaged community of entrepreneurs, partners and investors
- Assisting in the development and distribution of marketing and promotional material
- Writing targeted content, e.g. marketing materials, social media, website, newsletter, blogs / articles
- Build and maintain relationships with reputable service providers, e.g. text writers, designers, photographers, printing companies and media companies.
- Support in executing marketing research, e.g. data entry and analysis
- Conduct market research
- Responding to marketing queries via phone, email or social media
- Represent BiD Network at events along with Deal Team
- Liaise with Rwandan Deal Team in marketing/ representation events
Operational Support (20%)
- Support CFA staff in office management and administration tasks
- Compile and write a monthly internal newsletter for Rwanda e.g reporting on success by measuring key metric, and or any updates by the team.
- Project management
- Event coordination and organization
- Proven track record in content writing
- Excellent representation and communication skills
- Commercial attitude
- Good team working skills as you will be part of an international organization
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to work independently
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Excel proficiency
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, PR, Business or related field
- 4+ years’ experience working in marketing or communications or a similar position
- Experience in digital marketing campaigning
- Must be fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. French is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in conducting market research
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be available as a resource for senior marketing professionals who need assistance with completing large projects
- Preferred affinity with financial services and social impact investment
BiD Network has offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali. As Marketing Officer you will be based in Rwanda and will work closely together with our international Business Development team, and report directly to the Team Lead East Africa.
What do we offer:
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Offices in Amsterdam, Kampala and Kigali
- Personal growth, and much responsibility/ accountability
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network
- Salary based on qualification and experience
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to email@example.com by 1 November 2018.