Meat processors providing quality packaged halal meat
Year of establishment: 2017
Investment need: 150,000 USD
- The company is newly founded and is located at the slaughterhouse which is its parent company that has been in existence for more than 30 years. They will do value addition of meat; initially focusing on mincing meat and the production of sausages.
- The company is a family owned butchery business, slaughtering cattle, sheep and goats according to halal standards. Started in the 1970s, incorporated in 1991.
- The parent company has an approved loan facility by the Uganda Development Bank, which will be used to modernize the facility making it the first ‘halal automated abattoir’ in Uganda slaughtering according to international standards.
- Value can be added by building a meat processing facility on site to produce sausages and minced meat. For this, the company is seeking $ 150,000 to buy machinery including mixers and packers and also remodel the facility which will operate the processing plant.
The founder of the company has more than 30 years experience in the meat industry and traveled multiple times to Kuwait, the Netherlands, Kenya and Germany to learn more about beef handling and slaughterhouse management. The daughter of the founder holds a Bachelor’s degree in Education from Makerere University and is in charge of the financials and day to day running of the slaughterhouse. The other shareholders are also daughters and graduates from Makerere University.
- Packaging meat in a proper way without risks of health hazards for consumers
- Employing 6 extra people at the meat processing facility, with the potential to employ more when opening new distribution centres.