bidX is committed to protecting the privacy and private information of Members. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
bidX may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from February 1, 2012.
1.1 What we collect
We may collect the following information:
1. Name, employer/business and job title
2. Contact information including email address, phone, address
3. Profile information such as expertise, preferences, needs and interests
4. Information about your business and business plans
5. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
1.2 What we do with the information we gather
We request this information so that we can provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1. To match you with other Members, that can help you further. Helping you by matching investors or coaches to support an entrepreneur.
2. We may use the information to improve our services.
3. We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, news, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
4. Internal record keeping and statistics on results. This is important for us to keep receiving funding to improve our services.
5. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
6. Security reasons or to counteract spammers.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures (e.g. View Settings) to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
1.3 View Settings – how you can control your information
Almost all your information can be made visible or invisible for search engines or other users by using the “View Settings” on our website. The View Settings can be found in red at the bottom of your profile or business plan pages. Here you can change each field to the following settings:
- Me: Only visible to you and the administrators of bidX
- Contacts: Only visible to you and the administrators of bidX and your Contacts
- Coaches: Only visible to you and the administrators of bidX and your Coach
- Investors: Only visible to you and the administrators of bidX and Investors that you approve
- Members: Visible to you and the administrators of bidX and all Members of bidnetwork.org
- Anyone: Visible to everyone including search engines like Google
Some fields are visible to everyone. These are your Name and the Summary fields of a business plan. These need to be visible since these are the reason for people to visit this website. Hiding these fields reduces the Members and hides the value of your business from the outside world. This defeats the objective we are trying to achieve.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
1.5 Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
1.6 Third parties
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
1.7 Deleting your data
All the date you have entered is your property. It is therefore your decision to delete your own data. When you do delete your profile or business plan, we make a copy of some basic items of your profile and business plan (not your email address though) to a secure database which is not visible nor accessible via internet. We do this so that we know how many people and business plans have been registered. This data is only used to aggregate the total number of Members and plans for statistical purposes. Individual records are no longer looked at.