KCB Bank Uganda Limited
The history of Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) dates back to 1896 when its predecessor, the National Bank of India opened an outlet in Mombasa. Eight years later in 1904, the Bank extended its operations to Nairobi, which had become the Headquarters of the expanding railway line to Uganda.
The next major change in the Bank’s history came in 1958. Grindlays Bank merged with the National Bank of India to form the National and Grindlays Bank.
Upon independence the Government of Kenya acquired 60% shareholding in National & Grindlays Bank in an effort to bring banking closer to the majority of Kenyans. In 1970, the Government acquired 100% of the shares to take full control of the largest commercial bank in Kenya. National and Grindlays Bank was renamed Kenya Commercial Bank.
The latest addition into the KCB Family came in November, 2007 with the opening of KCB Bank Uganda Limited. The subsidairy has seven branches.
Our Business Banking Products include:
- Business Current Accounts
- Business Investment Accounts
- Fixed & Short term deposits
- Solar Loan
- Mavuno Loan
- Small Scale Enterprise Loan
- Women loan
- KCB Insurance Premium Finance
- Stock Financing