Women in Business 2012-2013
Women in Business Challenge 2013: Empowering Women Entrepreneurs to Drive Growth.
Participate in the 4th edition of the business plan competition for women entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
The competition is open to women entrepreneurs of emerging countries who have created a business plan, which fulfills the eligibility and evaluation criteria. Since its creation in 2009, Women in Business has provided support, coaching, visibility and finance to over 600 women heading businesses in emerging countries. 15 finalists have been supported and coached, 4 of whom have been awarded as laureates.
* Receive feedback and support in writing your business plan
* Access our coaching program
* Win a business trip for training, b2b and investor meetings
* Get access to a network of more than 46,000 like-minded entrepreneurs, coaches and investors
* Win tailor made business coaching worth €5,000 from UnitedSucces
Before you submit your plan:
● January 31: Deadline for the coaching program. Make sure your online business plan is at least 30% complete, ideally 50% to facilitate assessment and coach matching.
● April 30: Deadline for full business plans. Your online plan must be 75% complete (or 30% complete + your own business plan attached in the Files tab) before April 30.
Need help when applying? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After you submit your plan:
You will receive feedback and suggestions in each stage.
● August 2013: Five finalists selected
● September 1 - 4: Women in Business Week
● September 12: Women in Business Challenge Award Ceremony
Whether or not you become a finalist, all high quality business plans are eligible for the BiD Network Investor Matchmaking Services.
To participate in this competition, women entrepreneurs should submit a business plan online for a for-profit business.
They should have a financial need of US$10,000 to US$1,000,000 over the next three years.
Their business should have a positive social and/or environmental impact.
- Global competition preparing women entrepreneurs to take their businesses to the next level, How We Made It In Africa
- #WIBChat | Innovative Businesses by Women for Women | A Summary
- #WIBChat | The Importance of Networking for Women Entrepreneurs | A Summary
- Women in Business Challenge | Coaching Behind the Scenes
- Underinvestment in Women Entrepreneurs, Infographic
- #WIBChat | Access to Finance for Women Entrepreneurs | A Summary
- Entrepreneurs Look Forward During Women’s History Month, Guest post by ANDE, partner of the Women in Business Challenge
- Assisting industrious women entrepreneurs in the Philippines, Guest post by PBSP, partner of the Women in Business Challenge
- 16 women looking to grow their business in emerging markets
- The 5 Finalists of the Women in Business Challenge
Promote this competition
Click here to download the media kit.
Download the flyer to help promote this competition:
- Women in Business Asia 2012-2013
- Women in Business Eastern Europe & Middle East 2012-2013
- Mujeres de Negocios America Latina 2012-2013
- Women in Business Africa 2012-2013
- Femmes d'Affaires Afrique 2012-2013
Information on the Women in Business Challenge 2012.
Mozambikes is a social venture seeking to fight rual poverty by empowering people to increase incomes, education and health through efficient, affordable transportation - BICYCLES. Read more...
We create: Books, Apps, Videos, E- books, Toys, Games, Furniture and Clothes. For children from 0 to 10 years, giving them goods, entertainment and knowledge. Read more...
Somos una empresa social que comercializa bajo estándares de comercio justo, ropa y accesorios diseñados y elaborados por artesanas indígenas en México. Read more...
ReelFruit is an emerging agro-processing company, aiming to be a leading company in the fruit processing industry in Nigeria. Read more...
AFRIpads manufactures reusable (washable) cloth sanitary pads as a cost-effective feminine hygiene solution for the millions of women and girls in East Africa. Read more...