Are you a driven and hands-on marketeer with project management skills,
looking for a meaningful career?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SME’s in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 upto USD 5M. Via our local office in Uganda, we provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small, but growing team of 7 people with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala. We operate regionally and this year we will also start operations in Rwanda. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, we want to facilitate at least $100 million of investments for emerging market SME’s. This year, we are planning to finalise our transition from an NGO to a B-corp and expand our office network into the African region. In this context, we are looking for a:
Marketeer/ investor relations manager
First of all, you are responsible to develop, implement and manage all online and offline marketing & promotion activities in the different countries where we operate. You will also be part of investor relations team and lead the organisation and promotion of Investor Trips for our investors to Africa. You coordinate (local) market research in Africa and translate these insights to our marketing strategy. You will directly work with our marketing staff in Africa.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage a marketing plan for BID Network in East Africa and the Netherlands, including:
- expansion & activation of the network of informal investors in the Netherlands, including organization of events and promotional activities
- promotion of the investor trip among formal and informal investors via online and offline channels
- online activities of BiD Network towards entrepreneurs, potential donors and partners, including managing the BiD Network newsletter
- Development of marketing materials that support promotion-activities.
- Collaborate with marketing staff in East Africa and provide input and feedback on local marketing activities/materials
- Coordinate (local) market research, e.g. conducting interviews, participating in research analysis, as input for business development activities.
- Develop and implement global marketing strategy and corporate identity
- Organisation and promotion of Investor Trips to East Africa.
We are looking for a candidate that matches the following profile:
- 2-3 years of marketing experience in a commercial organization
- Experience in online marketing
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Pragmatic and hands-on; self-starter and pro-active
- Curious and commercial attitude
- Excellent writing skills; Dutch speaking and fluent in English
- Affinity with social entrepreneurship and impact investing
- Experience in East Africa is a pre
- Experience with Photoshop / In Design is a plus
- Willingness to travel
- BiD Network is a small, but quickly growing organization of 7 FTE, with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala.
- You will directly report to the CEO.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in the city center of Amsterdam
- Small team, allowing for responsibility and personal growth
- Opportunities for professional development
- Salary based on qualifications and experience
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to Gert van Veldhuisen at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 11 May .