Job opportunities at BiD Network
Are you a driven and hands-on operational expert in global upscaling and digital
(fintech), looking for a meaningful career in impact investment?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SME’s in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. We currently have a small team of 7 people with offices in Kampala and Amsterdam. In 2018 we will also start operations in Rwanda. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000.
Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over 33 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. Via its local office in Uganda, BiD Network offers investment readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least 100.000 USD revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, BiD Network is able to provide high quality deal flow to its large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
In the next few years, we are planning to expand our office network into the East African region and finalise our transition from an NGO to a company. In this context, we are looking for a:
Besides daily operations, you will be responsible for building a solid scalable and replicable model that is needed for our ambitious international expansion plans. Primary goal is digitise (parts of) our primary process and develop a blueprint for international scaling. You will be working closely with staff from all offices to secure development and implementation of the blueprint and create an atmosphere in which the whole team is continuously trying to learn and improve.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in continuously optimising and professionalising the organisation
- Guidance and supervision of staff on building a winning global team.
- Implement standardised and digitized procedures.
- Lead the digitization of (parts of) primary process.
- Create a comprehensive blueprint (handbook) for scaling up BiD operations geographically.
- Financial management and reporting
- Ensure that BiD Network complies to rules and regulations.
We are looking for a candidate that matches the following profile:
- a communicative person who does not mind making the hands dirty while growing an organisation
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant international experience in operational excellence and upscaling.
- Expertise in development and implementation of continuous learning & improvement within a small organisation operating in a quickly changing international environment.
- Track record in leading digitization processes and affinity with fintech.
- Previous experience with impact investing and working in Africa is a pre.
- Academic degree.
- Very accurate, analytical, structured and persistent.
- Pragmatic; flexible, self-starter and proactive.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial attitude.
- Culturally sensitive
- Open to travel regularly.
BiD Network is a small organization, with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala and people from different backgrounds. The Amsterdam office is mostly concerned with overall management and strategy, business development, financial reporting and scaling up. As COO you will be based in the Amsterdam office, but work closely together with the teams in Africa, and report directly to the Director.
What do we offer
- MT member & potential co-founder.
- Strong complementary team with Director.
- Dynamic and international working environment.
- Small ambitious team, allowing for personal growth and much responsibility/ accountability.
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa.
- Salary based on qualification and experience (max EUR 65.000 gross salary, incl benefits).
- Single package (no schooling, no relocation costs).
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 February 2018