Job opportunities at BiD Network
Are you a pro-active, hands-on controller, looking for a meaningful career?
BiD Network is a foundation that supports emerging market entrepreneurs to gain access to finance. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised nearly 30 million in investment capital for over 200 entrepreneurs. Via its local office in Uganda, BiD Network offers business support and matchmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, BiD Network is able to provide high quality deal flow to its local and international network of over 400 investors. Other investor services are investor trips and the Ready-to-Invest Master classes for angel investors. BiD Network has recently updated its strategy, resulting in an exciting expansion of services to both investors and entrepreneurs. In this context, we are looking for a:
As the controller of BiD Network you will be responsible for all finance affairs within BiD Network. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, some tasks being more operational and other tasks being more strategic. Your core responsibilities include the (1) financial administration (salary and tax administration, establishing annual statements), (2) project administration and (3) Process management and (4) Management Reporting & Control. Your tasks in these areas include, but are not limited to:
- Financial administration: invoice verification and control, payment transactions, salary administration, HR admin and contract management, reconciliation of bank statements and petty cash of the office, establishment of the annual report and budget, monitoring of regulatory compliance
- Project administration: Building financial models / project budgets for fundraising applications, preparing donor financial reports, monitoring contracts and alerting program staff regarding deadlines and delivery schedules, preparing documents and files for any project and institutional audit as required, maintaining files and archives and keeping accurate records of financial and contractual actions, managing and monitor project expense reports
- Process management: Monitoring and optimizing internal control procedures, producing process descriptions and ensuring their implementation, both for NL and Ugandan office
- Management Reporting &Control: Ensuring accurate and timely reporting towards supervisory board, producing monthly dashboard and monthly commentary, reviewing and monitoring the annual budget and monitoring financial administration and performance of the Ugandan entity
We are looking for a candidate that matches the following profile:
- HBO accountancy / controlling
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience, preferably at a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of Guideline 650 is preferable
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Experience with Exact-online
- Strong communication skills
- Good project management skills
- BiD Network is a small and flat organization of 11 FTE, with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala. The controller will report to the director.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in the city center of Amsterdam
- Small team, allowing for more personal growth, by working on different projects and getting a lot of responsibility
- Opportunities for professional development via network of BiD Network coaches
- Fitting primary and secondary employment conditions
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to Marens Beckers at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 30th of January.