Job opportunities at BiD Network
Vacancy: Entrepreneurial Sales & Marketing professional
Full-time, starting as soon as possible
November 2015 We are looking for an experienced Sales & Marketing Strategist to join our team as soon as possible to support us in our new plans. We are currently developing a new matchmaking strategy and are planning to roll out a new entrepreneurial ecosystem in Uganda. In this you will be working closely with and reporting to the managing board.
Who we are
BiD Network – Business in Development Network – is a non-profit organization based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We aim to stimulate and contribute to sustainable growth of Small and Medium-Sized businesses (SMEs) in emerging markets, resulting in economic development and more jobs. To accomplish this mission, we mobilize capital and know-how for early-stage entrepreneurs in the ‘missing middle’ – with an investment need between 10,000 and 500,000 USD. We identify and prepare entrepreneurs for financing and connect investors with attractive impact investment opportunities. Our activities and services include customized matchmaking between investors and entrepreneurs, business plan competitions and financial and business training as well as coaching for entrepreneurs.
What will you do
As a Sales & Marketing Strategist you will be responsible for steering BiD Network’s activities with the aim of driving brand recognition amongst target groups and supporting sales and customer teams with the appropriate materials to execute a world class sales process. The role covers a broad scope of responsibilities, including events, online marketing, product marketing, PR, strategy and budget monitoring.
Tasks & responsibilities
To participate in the translation of BiD Network’s new plans and activities into a branding, marketing and communication plan (directions; targets; milestones; activities; costs) and to lead the execution of this plan with a small team towards the set targets.
- Maintain and develop online communication through website and social media
- Execute innovative (digital and offline) marketing campaigns to shape the brand and communicate to investors, entrepreneurs, coaches, companies and sponsors;
- Optimize and align our prospect-to-customer pipeline with the marketing plan by coordinating workflow (coaching companies, investors, entrepreneurs, sponsor/donors);
- Produce and coordinating copy (press releases/white papers/case studies);
- Produce and coordinating design content (brochures/websites/advertisements);
- Coordinate production of fundraising proposals;
- Manage communications team members usually project / event related.
- A bachelor’s degree HBO or university degree in Marketing;
- 3+ years experience in brand and product/service marketing communication;
- A proven track record of marketing and sales for an international organization with preferably activities in Europe and Africa;
- Experience with individual and institutional investors and with Small and Medium-sized Enterprises;
- Experience with B2B and B2C with offline and online marketing and sales channels;
- Experience in developing sales propositions and setting up and managing sales funnels;
- You are able to coordinate and create copy intended for a sophisticated business audience;
- You thrive in a fast-paced setting with numerous projects, deadlines and stakeholders;
- A natural ability to connect and enthusiast others;
- Able to take decisions independently;
- Fluent in English and preferably in French (verbal and written).
- Result-oriented and tenacious in achieving targets;
- Hands-on and execution-oriented;
- Team player, able to lead a team and be a part of it; strong in giving and receiving critical feedback;
- Confident in your own ability, motivated and motivational towards achieving targets;
What we offer
- A lot of freedom and responsibility from the start of your contract;
- An opportunity to dive into new projects;
- A chance to contribute to economic growth and development in emerging markets;
Please send your resume and a letter of motivation before December 15th, clearly explaining why you are the candidate we are looking for, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please do not hesitate to contact us.