Corporate Financial Analyst, M&A Uganda
Are you a driven financial analyst and looking for a meaningful career in impact investment in Uganda?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SME’s in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. Via our local office in Uganda, we provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small but growing team of 8 people with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala. We operate regionally and this year we will also start operations in Rwanda. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, we want to facilitate at least $100 million of investments for emerging market SME’s. This year, we are planning to finalize our transition from an NGO to a B-corp and expand our office network into the African region. In this context, we are looking for a:
Corporate Financial Analyst, M&A Uganda
BiD Network is seeking a Corporate Financial Analyst for the Deal Making Team. You will be working in funding transactions mainly in East African market.
An excellent communicator with great analytical skills who can manage stakeholders at all levels. You will be part of Deal Making team to execute on its growth ambitions.
This role entails being responsible for assisting in the research, analysis and execution of investment opportunities. The position is within a small core Deal Making team and provides the opportunity to work directly on transactions from deal sourcing to all the way through execution and closure.
As a Corporate Financial Analyst, M&A you will have the opportunity to work with business owners, entrepreneurs and Management Team on tasks such as surveying the landscape of various industries and markets, developing the BiD Network pipeline, and evaluating specific opportunities. In addition, the role requires close interaction with the individual and institutional investors such VCs, and Impact Funds.
You will be a part of a Deal Making team consisting of 4 top-level professionals. At Bid Network we want to give not only a job but a career. Progression from this position could be upwards mobility into more senior investment/ deal making roles also regionally.
The Analyst will work closely with senior professionals and receive significant deal evaluation and execution responsibility.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing deal in the assigned markets mainly in Uganda
- Although we are sector agnostic; agricultural supply chain, ICT (fin-tech), health care and/ or renewable energy are our focus industries
- Keeping a close relationship with impact entrepreneurs in your region
- Supporting case officers throughout the due diligence of new funding opportunities
- and the deal execution process, including:
- Negotiating terms of Bid Network with investees
- First point of contact for financial analysis
- Building financial models and valuation analysis
- Conducting company and industry due diligence
- Preparing internal investment committee memoranda
- Assist in structuring the deal terms and communicating with investees
- Working with legal, financial, and commercial advisors on process management, diligence, structuring, and negotiations
- Working closely with the Bid Network management team in assessing business strategy, evaluating add-on investments and assessing opportunities in new and existing market.
You have 2-3 years of working experience at a top-tier investment bank, corporate finance advisor or investment organization. You have an exceptional academic achievement with an undergraduate degree from a top academic institution.
- Impact driven with a strong commercial acumen
- Proven outstanding communication skills
- Experience in investments or business knowledge in agricultural supply chain, ICT (fin-tech), health care and/ or renewable energy are pre’
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate mergers and acquisitions, consulting or transaction advisory services would be viewed preferentially.
- Positive attitude and a real team player. An ability to fit into a small team and high demanding work environment is key and you have excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with limited supervision and you have a high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong modelling skills.
- Leadership, interpersonal, management, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of local business environment, investment regulations and laws.
BiD Network is a small organization, with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala. As Corporate Financial Analyst, M&A East Africa you will be based in the Uganda office, but work closely together with the international management team of BiD Network, and report directly to the COO and dotted line to Head of Deal Making and Relationship Manager.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in the city center of Kampala (and Amsterdam)
- Small team, allowing for personal growth, and much responsibility/ accountability
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network of investors worldwide.
- Salary based on qualification and experience
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to email@example.com before 1 June 2018.