Corporate Financial Professional, M&A Rwanda
Are you a driven corporate financial professional and looking for a meaningful career in impact investment in RWANDA?
BiD Network is an independent trusted partner for SME’s in East Africa by facilitating tailored financial solutions throughout their life cycle. Our customers are early stage and growing businesses with a financing need of at least USD 50,000 up to USD 5M. Via our local office in Uganda, we provide investment-readiness and dealmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have at least $100.000 revenue, social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, we are able to provide high quality deal flow to our large international network of investors, both private and institutional.
We currently have a small but growing team of 8 people with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala (soon in Kigali). We operate regionally and this year we will also start operations in Rwanda. Since 2007, BiD Network has raised over $34 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. In the next five years, we want to facilitate at least $100 million of investments for emerging market SME’s. This year, we are planning to finalize our transition from an NGO to a B-corp and expand our office network into the African region. In this context, we are looking for a:
Corporate Finance Professional, M&A Rwanda
BiD Network is seeking a Corporate Finance Professional, M&A for the Deal Making Team in Rwanda. You will be working in funding transactions mainly in Rwanda, however, you may be assigned to other projects in East Africa on case by case basis.
An outstanding communicator with great analytical skills who can manage stakeholders at all levels. You will be part of Deal Making team to execute on its growth ambitions.
This role entails being responsible for assisting in the research, sourcing, selection, analysis and execution of investment opportunities. The position is within a small core Deal Making team and provides the opportunity to work directly on transactions from deal sourcing to all the way through execution and closure.
As a Corporate Finance Professional, M&A you will have the opportunity to work with business owners, entrepreneurs and Management Team on tasks such as surveying the BiD focus sectors, developing the BiD Network pipeline, and evaluating specific opportunities. In addition, the role requires close interaction with the individual and institutional investors such VCs, and Impact Funds. Therefore, proven local network of SME’s and investors is highly preferential.
You will be a part of a Deal Making team consisting of 6 top-level professionals. At Bid Network we want to give not only a job but a career. Progression from this position could be upwards mobility into more senior investment/ deal making roles also regionally.
The Corporate Finance Professional, M&A will work closely with senior professionals and receive significant deal evaluation and execution responsibility.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and selecting deals the assigned markets mainly in Rwanda
- Representing Bid Network and its affiliates in Rwanda
- Keeping a close relationship with impact entrepreneurs in your region
- Supporting case officers throughout the due diligence of new funding opportunities
- and the deal execution process, including:
- Negotiating terms of Bid Network with investees
- First point of contact for financial analysis
- Building financial models and valuation analysis
- Conducting company and industry due diligence
- Preparing internal investment committee memoranda
- Assist in structuring the deal terms and communicating with investees
- Working with legal, financial, and commercial advisors on process management, diligence, structuring, and negotiations
- Working closely with the Bid Network management team in assessing business strategy, evaluating add-on investments and assessing opportunities in new and existing market.
You have 4-5 years of working experience at a top-tier investment bank, corporate finance advisor or investment organization. You have an exceptional academic achievement with an undergraduate degree from a top academic institution.
- Impact driven with a strong commercial acumen
- Proven local network of SME’s and investors
- Proven outstanding communication skills
- Agricultural supply chain investments or business knowledge is pre’
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate mergers and acquisitions, consulting, transaction advisory services or agricultural corporation would be viewed preferentially.
- Positive attitude and a real team player. An ability to fit into a small team and high demanding work environment is key and you have excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with limited supervision and you have a high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong modelling skills.
- Leadership, interpersonal, management, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of local business environment, investment regulations and laws.
BiD Network is a small organization, with offices in Amsterdam, Kigali and Kampala. As Corporate Finance Professional, M&A you will be based in the Kigali, Rwanda office, but work closely together with the international management team of BiD Network, and report directly to the COO and dotted line to Head of Deal Making.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in Kigali
- Small team, allowing for personal growth, and much responsibility/ accountability
- Get in-depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network of investors worldwide.
- Salary based on qualification and experience
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 July 2018.